Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Review: The Essence of Darkness

The Essence of Darkness The Essence of Darkness by Tom Clearlake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Full disclosure:  I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for possibly writing a review.  

This book is a translation from the original French version.  I usually try to read a book in its original form but since I don't speak French, I can only hope the translation matches up to the original.

I thought this would be sort of a standard FBI procedural about some missing children.  Boy, was I wrong!  Maybe the title or the cover should have given it away, but I was not expecting the occult angle.  I'm not considering that a spoiler because it is revealed pretty early on.  What happens after that was an adventure I would not have predicted.  There were also some very steamy bits that you usually don't encounter in this type of book.  Chock full of surprises!

Bonus points for the cat love!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment