Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2023

Review: The Terraformers

The Terraformers The Terraformers by Annalee Newitz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I heard Annalee Newitz read from The Terraformers at WisCon before the book was published.  Just from that short reading, I knew I would have to get a copy of this.  There is a sentient, flying moose! It's a fascinating story of an Earthlike planet that is being developed for those who wish to experience life as it was in the Pleistocene era, except there are plenty who want to cash in at any expense.  The world Annalee created is so rich and full of characters you want to spend time with.  You get invested in their stories and their fight for their world.  Plenty of lessons for our current world in here.

Bonus points for so many great non-humanoid characters!  I love that this book gives them a chance to express themselves.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment