Search This Blog

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Review: The Skeleton Key

The Skeleton Key The Skeleton Key by Erin Kelly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Skeleton Key by Erin Kelly is a great tribute to the puzzle books and games that inspired obsessive players to hunt down real world treasure.  Erin Kelly was inspired to write this by the book, Masquerade.  Books like Masquerade were a favorite for me too, so I was already primed for The Skeleton Key.  It's a great premise, releasing a beloved children's treasure hunt book on its 50th Anniversary with a new app-based treasure hunt.  I would play that!  Kelly accurately recreates the message boards that develop around such hunts with their crazy theories.  As a Swiftie, I am well-acquainted with the search for Easter eggs hidden in every photo, song, interview, and social media post.  When a real life prize is involved, people will go to insane lengths to find it.  When the hunt uncovers a potential murder, the story really gets tricky.  There's a lot going on, and the story is told from several perspectives. If you like trying to solve a mystery, this is a good read.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment