Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Review: A Dead Red Oleander

A Dead Red Oleander A Dead Red Oleander by R.P. Dahlke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read a lot of books about unconventional women who somehow always end up in the middle of a murder mystery. Thanks, Murder She Wrote. This series is much in the same vein. This book introduces some new characters to the series, relatives of the main character, Lalla Bains. I wasn't a fan of the stereotypical Texan women. I really wasn't a fan of the super-thirsty, man-crazy cousin. The rest of the story moved along at a good pace and kept me guessing long enough to keep my interest.

So why four stars? I'm a sucker for an animal. Each book has had an animal in the Bains family that, while not central to the plot necessarily, is just enough flavor for me to really like Lalla and her father for having them. Yes, I judge people based on their interactions with animals. I also learned something about oleander, and any book that teaches me some interesting trivial fact is worth one extra star.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment