Search This Blog

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Review: Feminasty: The Complicated Woman's Guide to Surviving the Patriarchy Without Drinking Herself to Death

Feminasty: The Complicated Woman's Guide to Surviving the Patriarchy Without Drinking Herself to Death Feminasty: The Complicated Woman's Guide to Surviving the Patriarchy Without Drinking Herself to Death by Erin Gibson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you cringe at profanity, relate to the phrase "I'm a delicate flower," and/or cannot handle radical honesty, this book is not for you. Put it down now. Normally, I would say one should challenge one's world view by reading different opinions. However, this is not the book to make that transition. This is the book you read when you are mad as hell at the crap going on in the world and want reassurance that someone else feels the same way. This book might not make you feel better about the world, but it might inspire you to make some changes. Time to stop being feminice and get feminasty.

I admit that I bought this book for the cover. It reminded me of vintage paperbacks in a tongue-in-cheek way. I used to devour those paperbacks. When I saw this cover, I knew I wanted it in my life forever. I wasn't familiar with Erin Gibson before I started reading this book, but now I know I need her in my life too. Not in a creepy way. She has a podcast. That's plenty. Unless you want to hang out, Erin. Then by all means, message me!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment