Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Review: Around the Corner to Around the World: A Dozen Lessons I Learned Running Dunkin Donuts

Around the Corner to Around the World: A Dozen Lessons I Learned Running Dunkin Donuts Around the Corner to Around the World: A Dozen Lessons I Learned Running Dunkin Donuts by Robert Rosenberg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Full disclosure:  I received an advanced copy of Around the Corner to Around the World: A Dozen Lessons I Learned Running Dunkin Donuts by Robert Rosenberg from Harper Collins Leadership via NetGalley in exchange for possibly writing a review.

If you are Dunkin Donuts aficionado and/or an entrepreneur, this book has something for you.  I'm not much of a business person, but I do work in a field that requires strong leaderships skills, and I love Dunkin Donuts, so I thought I would give this book a try. This could have been the type of book that makes your eyes glaze over, but I found the story of the company and the development of the donuts and coffee really interesting.  There's a really good reason why "America runs on Dunkin."

What surprised me most was how much I learned about franchising.  If I ever have a lot of extra money lying around, I just might try it!  I also appreciated that Robert Rosenberg doesn't sugar-coat his bad decisions.  We all make them, and it is an important part of development.  He also gives plenty of credit and praise to the people who helped make Dunkin a success.  

Fair warning:  You will want to eat donuts while you read this book.  I was craving Dunkin throughout and treated myself when I finished.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment