Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Review: Shit, Actually: The Definitive, 100% Objective Guide to Modern Cinema

Shit, Actually: The Definitive, 100% Objective Guide to Modern Cinema Shit, Actually: The Definitive, 100% Objective Guide to Modern Cinema by Lindy West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure:  I received a copy of Shit, Actually: The Definitive, 100% Objective Guide to Modern Cinema by Lindy West from Hachette Books via NetGalley in exchange for possibly writing a review.

If you are the person who has to provide snarky running commentary while watching a movie, Lindy West gets you.  Lindy West rewatched some of the most popular films and provides a hilarious recap of each, rating them against the "best movie ever," The Fugitive.  I've seen most of the movies she covers and yet, she points out things that I don't even remember.  It almost made me want to rewatch them, but I've already got enough to watch.  Thanks, Lindy, for doing the work so I don't have to.  Lindy does an excellent job of capturing that love/hate feeling you can have with movies.  "This is so implausible, and yet, I LOVE it!"  Want to have a laugh over some of the most popular films of all time?  Get this book!

This book was written so recently it includes commentary on the COVID-19 pandemic and current American politics.  If you want to avoid those topics, this is not a good book for you. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment