Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Review: Night Side of the River

Night Side of the River Night Side of the River by Jeanette Winterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Night Side of the River is a collection of short ghost stories by Jeanette Winterson.  The stories are divided up into tech-related, location-related, and person-related and each section include at least one true story that Jeanette has encountered.  You can certainly jump around and read them in any order you like.  I really enjoyed the technology-related stories and Jeanette's true stories the most.  Jeanette thinks about tech and artificial intelligence in the same ways that I do.  I find myself drawn to her writings on that.  The stories are beautiful and not necessarily scary.  It is a good reminder that we all live with ghosts even if they don't manifest themselves in the way we traditionally think about ghosts.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment