Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Review: How to Sell a Haunted House

How to Sell a Haunted House How to Sell a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Apparently, I have been on a haunted house kick lately, specifically a selling haunted houses of parents who have recently passed away under suspicious circumstances kick.  How to Sell a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix fits very nicely in that niche.  Maybe because I am currently dealing with cleaning a house full of my parents' things, this book hit me hard.  I could relate to Louise not wanting to rush to just throw everything away.  There are lots of memories.  Memories are tricky things, and boy, can they be skewed by different perspectives.  This house has an added bonus, creepy dolls and puppets!  I never really thought of puppets as the thing of nightmares until now.  Dolls I can definitely see.  There are plenty of movies that make that point.  Add a healthy dose of sibling rivalry, and you have the makings of a horrific tale.  Get to reading!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment