Play Nice by Rachel HarrisonMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Play Nice by Rachel Harrison is the first of her books that I had a little trouble getting into. I didn't really like the three sisters. I'm not really into fashion even though I am sitting here in an Eileen Fisher dress writing this review. I kept telling myself to give it a chance because it has a purple house on the cover. I REALLY love purple. Plus, I have really liked Harrison's other books. Then the youngest sister, Clio, finds a copy of the book their mother wrote about the maybe haunted house they lived in when they were younger, and I was hooked. I like a book within a book! I like it even better when someone has made notes in the book that I can read to give me information about what was really going on. Harrison and I share a similar sense of humor and seem to be into the same pop culture stuff because I appreciate so many of the references! If you like haunted house books and family drama, this will be right up your alley.
Bonus points for Taylor Swift lyrics hiding in plain sight.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment