Paradox Inc. by Forrest BrazealMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Full Disclosure: I received an Advanced Reader's Copy of Paradox Inc. by Forrest Brazeal from Ballantine Books via NetGalley. This book will be published January 5, 2027.
I wasn't sure what I would get when I agreed to read Paradox Inc. by Forrest Brazeal. First books can be a crap shoot. In this case, it was a good bet. First, there is a tiny flamingo on the cover. You have my attention. Next, this is written in an epistolary fashion. That is by far my favorite style of writing. I can't read my email inbox with any joy but give me a book written in any combination of emails, letters, news articles, blog posts, journal entries (you get the idea) and I will not be able to put it down. Then, tell me a story of how Tech Bros are going to ruin time travel for everyone. Make it a super dark story that is also absolutely hilarious so that I am not sure how to describe it to you without saying you will be thoroughly disturbed and also laugh out loud. Because while this is fiction, I feel like it could be true in the not-so-distant future. I also believe that Tech Bros will figure out a way to make it terrible just like they have done with the Internet and AI. Yes, I have strong opinions. Finally, I had to look up where Forrest Brazeal is from/lives. Not in a creepy stalker way, but as someone who grew up smack dab between Joliet and Kankakee, IL, I was momentarily unsettled when those places were mentioned. That doesn't happen often. Now that I live not too far from Madison, the mention of it as well made me wonder if my reading of this book was more than coincidental. Not to get all woo-woo, but it is a book about time travel. Highly recommend!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment