Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Review: Writing My Wrongs: Life, Death, and Redemption in an American Prison

Writing My Wrongs: Life, Death, and Redemption in an American Prison Writing My Wrongs: Life, Death, and Redemption in an American Prison by Shaka Senghor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I saw Shaka Senghor on Sarah Silverman's I Love You, America. After that episode, I bought this book because I wanted to hear more of his story. It was really worth it. In telling his story, he transitions back and forth between the story of the life that led to his incarceration and the story of his time in Michigan's correctional system. I found it very insightful. There is certainly work to be done to improve the system. Reading stories like this give us insight into what types of changes need to happen.

This book could be very inspirational for those going through difficult times, at risk of going to prison or already there. One can make a change for the better, and the author is proof of that.

There is language that some may find offensive but is definitely appropriate for the subject matter.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment