Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Review: Crucible

Crucible Crucible by James Rollins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the 14th book in the Sigma Force series. You could read this book as a standalone, but I would recommend starting with book one. I love the Sigma Force series, but this just might be my favorite so far. It took me two days to read this 637 page whopper, and yet I could have kept right on reading.

This book brought back many of my favorite characters. It was so nice to see them again. What I didn't expect was how much crying I would do. The book (as all books in the series) is a thriller. It is usually a lot of action with some interesting science and history. This book had that too but included a good hard tug on the heartstrings.

This book includes witches, artificial intelligence, a U.S. Ambassador, secret societies, explosions, kickass women, and a race against the clock. All the things a thriller should have.

Luddites repent now while you still have a chance.

Bonus points for including a dog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment