Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Review: Treasure of the Jaguar Warrior - Mystery of the Mayan Calender

Treasure of the Jaguar Warrior - Mystery of the Mayan Calender Treasure of the Jaguar Warrior - Mystery of the Mayan Calender by Barbara Ivie Green
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the first book in the Paranormally Yours series. You can read this as a standalone as the story wraps up in this book.

Based on the title, I thought the book would be more adventure than romance. And I was looking forward to some Mayan cultural. I don't read much romance anymore mostly because it requires me to suspend too much disbelief. I start to pick apart the relationship which gets in the way of my enjoyment of the story. Sadly, this book fell victim to that. Two of the characters fall in love in the span of maybe 24 hours and for no real discernible reason other than being in the same location. I never got over that. Yes, I realize it is probably hypocritical to have no problem with the ghost in the story but to get hung up on love at first sight. If you have been reading my reviews, this is a recurring theme with me. If that doesn't bother you and you like PG romance with ghosts, humor, and a little treasure hunting thrown in, you should give this book a try. If you are unsure, it is available for free through the Amazon Kindle Lending Library.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment