Search This Blog

Monday, October 21, 2019

Review: European Travel for the Monstrous Gentlewoman

European Travel for the Monstrous Gentlewoman European Travel for the Monstrous Gentlewoman by Theodora Goss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club series. These books are LONG so be ready for an investment. I recommend reading them in order as the first book gives all the back story of the main characters and is referenced many times. As with the first book, this book also includes interjections from the various characters throughout. I'm really enjoying that aspect of these books.

In this book, the Athena Club sets out to Budapest via Vienna to rescue another young woman. In this case, they end up in my old neighborhood visiting Dr. Freud. The book brought back fond memories of my time in Vienna and my visits to Budapest. This time we're dealing with vampires. There's a steep learning curve for the Athena Club. There is also a showdown with the Society of Alchemists. It isn't all just creepy men experimenting on their daughters.

The great thing about these books is that they aren't just one type of book. They have romance, adventure, mystery, suspense, humor, and monsters. Who says you can't have it all?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment