Search This Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Review: Into the Drowning Deep

Into the Drowning Deep Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There is a prequel, Rolling in the Deep, that I recommend reading before you read this one because there are many references to what happened in that book. The only caveat is reading them in order takes a little bit of the horror out of this one because you know what's coming. There's still plenty of suspense.

I do wonder why I read these books while living on an island. They will make you think twice about going in the ocean. Certainly, I'm never going to the Mariana Trench now. You'll probably also not think of mermaids in the same way ever again. The book is a great reminder of the arrogance of humanity. It also doesn't paint scientists in a great light, the lengths they will go to for a discovery.

On the lighter side, it opens in Monterey, CA taking me back to some great memories. There's also a diverse bunch of characters. Sign language plays an important role which you don't see often in books. And if you are looking for a book with strong female characters, there are plenty in this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment