Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Review: We Are Never Meeting in Real Life

We Are Never Meeting in Real Life We Are Never Meeting in Real Life by Samantha Irby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

While reading Samantha Irby's We Are Never Meeting in Real Life, one of my cats passed away.  Up until that point, I was really enjoying her humor and tell-it-like-it-is storytelling.  I like an author who keeps it real.  Like really real.  Like ok maybe that was too much information real.  But then I suddenly wasn't in the mood for comedy.  I was torn because I didn't have much of the book left and yet my heart wasn't really in it.  I decided to push forward, and it just happened that the next chapter up was about her own cat, Helen Keller.  I cried until I was so dehydrated that I couldn't produce another tear and finished the book.  

If you have Midwest roots but a razor wit, think people are the problem not their pets, are tired of societal beauty standards, or are just plain tired,  I recommend this to you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment