Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Review: Chilling Effect

Chilling Effect Chilling Effect by Valerie Valdes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to the audiobook version of Chilling Effect, the first book in the Chilling Effect series, by Valerie Valdes and read by Almarie Guerra.  You don't have to speak Spanish to read the book, but there is Spanish interspersed throughout.  

This is a super fun space opera.  It has it all: epic adventures, plenty of humor, bounty hunters, and a little romance.  Valdes had me from the very beginning with psychic cats!  When Captain Eva Innocente does right by them, I knew she would be a character I could love.  I also loved that one of the other characters expressed their feelings through smell.  What does smugness smell like?  Read this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment