Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Review: The Last Equation of Isaac Severy: A Novel in Clues

The Last Equation of Isaac Severy: A Novel in Clues The Last Equation of Isaac Severy: A Novel in Clues by Nova Jacobs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Last Equation of Isaac Severy by Nova Jacobs is a mystery involving math and puzzles which is enough for me to want to read it.  However, it also includes some of the best descriptions of grief I have ever read.  Going through my own grief for a parental figure at the same time, I felt a real kinship to Hazel and even some of the other characters.  I'm also not a math person even though I find it endlessly fascinating.  I felt like Hazel and I were working this out together using our knack for logic.  I enjoyed this book so much I imperiled my own life by walking down the sidewalks of New York City while reading because I didn't want to put it down.  That says a lot.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment