Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2022

Review: Bewitched

Bewitched Bewitched by Darynda Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Bewitched is the second book in the Betwixt & Between series by Darynda Jones.  You will want to start with book one.  The books are fast-paced enough that it is worth the investment to start at the beginning.  While I think anyone could enjoy these books, they may be especially relevant to women in my age-range, born in the 70s.  I say that because the humor and pop culture references are definitely geared toward my demographic.  When Defiance and her best friend, Annette, have a conversation in song lyrics, it was not only clever but totally something I would do.

In book two, we learn more about Defiance's background and her powers.  There are some real heart-touching moments.  Overall though, the books are a little bit spooky, a little bit mystery, a little bit spicy, and a lot bit funny. If you like witches, ghosts, and other paranormal things, this is a fun series.    

Bonus points for a spunky cat, a talking bird, and a man in a kilt!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment