Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Review: Bloodless

Bloodless Bloodless by Douglas Preston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bloodless is the 20th book in the Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.  You probably could read this as a standalone, but I would recommend at least reading the other ones with Agent Coldmoon first to give you some context of the Pendergast universe.  Also, I recommend reading some of the others first because this one is really different from its predecessors.  If this is your first book, you might think the others are like this.  Nope.  I like the Pendergast series because Agent Pendergast is very Sherlockian, but the stories often have a tinge of supernatural to them.  But Bloodless veers right into science fiction/fantasy territory with the investigation into the Savannah Vampire killings.  I was totally shocked and not sure what this means for the future of the series.  I don't want to spoil anything, so I will just say there was another storyline in the book that was totally in my wheelhouse.  The only thing I didn't like about it is it led to saying goodbye (forever?) to a beloved character.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment