Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Review: The Scarlet Circus

The Scarlet Circus The Scarlet Circus by Jane Yolen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure:  I received an advanced reader's copy of the Scarlet Circus by Jane Yolen from Tachyon Publications via NetGalley.  

The Scarlet Circus is a collection of "romance" short stories written by Jane Yolen throughout the years.  You may have read some of them elsewhere.  All of the stories have some element of fantasy to them.  This isn't your typical romance novel though.  That romance has a broad definition and doesn't always have a happy ending.  In fact, some of the stories are quite dark.  I really like it when Jane Yolen takes a story you think you know and turns it on its head.  Those tend to be my favorites.  

Bonus points to Jane for finding love again much later in life after being widowed.  There's some romance for you!  Although, if her story is one to follow, I better start looking back where I started instead of seeing if there is anything new out there. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment