Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Review: Kingdom of Bones

Kingdom of Bones Kingdom of Bones by James Rollins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kingdom of Bones is the 16th book in the Sigma Force series by James Rollins.  You could read this as a stand-alone, but I love these characters and like seeing how their lives develop over the course of the series.  Still, there is nothing you need to know from previous books that would prevent you from enjoying this one.  If you like your thrillers with some history and science mixed in, the Sigma Force series is always a great choice.

As with any ensemble series, we all develop our favorites.  I was glad to see Kowalski and Monk were back as well as my favorite non-Sigma pair, Tucker and Kane.  When the team is sent to the Congo to help a team of doctors who discovered a mysterious illness plaguing the area, they may finally have met their match.  No spoilers, but some lives are definitely changed forever.  I found myself ugly crying in public toward the end of the book.  We are also introduced to one new, hopefully permanent, member of the series.  

If you are still traumatized by the devastation wrought by COVID, you may want to wait before picking up this book.  It's very engrossing but will scare the living daylights out of you.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment