Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Review: The Cabinet of Dr. Leng

The Cabinet of Dr. Leng The Cabinet of Dr. Leng by Douglas Preston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure: I received an Advanced Reader's Copy of The Cabinet of Dr. Leng, the 21st book in the Pendergast series, by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child from Grand Central Publishing via NetGalley.

I agree with the authors that it is important to read the books in order.  But, if you are not sure you want to make a 21 book investment, this book is part of a smaller series within a series.  Before reading it, you will definitely want to have read The Cabinet of Curiosities and Bloodlines.  This is the third book in that four book mini-series.  

I loved that this book brings all of our favorite characters from across the series into one book.  Without giving too much away, there are two different storylines happening, and if you followed the advice and read the books in order, you'll know we are firmly moving into science fiction territory here.  It was definitely not what I expected when I first starting reading the Pendergast books but here we are!  I like it.  I look forward to seeing what comes next.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the above, that certainly sounds promising! I have found some of their recent books not up to par with their initial outings and yes, to my knowledge, ever since the previous book we have at long last well and truly arrived in the realms of sci-fi. However, having read the first eight chapters of the upcoming book, which they sent out to newsletter subscribers, I am very much intrigued and will be counting down to the release date. Greetings from Belgium.

    ReplyDelete