Search This Blog

Sunday, August 20, 2023

Review: Nettle & Bone

Nettle & Bone Nettle & Bone by T. Kingfisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ever have a book keep popping up in your life? Every website seems to recommend it to you.  Nettle & Bone by T. Kingfisher was one of those books for me.  I finally broke down and checked it out of the library.  I'm glad I did!  I didn't read a summary so I didn't know what to expect.  There was probably going to be some nettle and maybe some bones?  Turns out it is more fairy tale than I would have thought.  It actually has godmothers!  The fantasy elements were very fun.  While the main plot is very serious, a woman sets out to save her sister from an abusive relationship, there is a lot of humor.  The band of helpers she collects along the way is delightful.  If you want to read an epic adventure without investing in 300+ pages, this is a great choice.  It's got everything while also being a fast-paced read.      

Bonus points for the best use of bones ever!  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment