Search This Blog

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Review: The Cloisters

The Cloisters The Cloisters by Katy Hays
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Cloisters by Katy Hays is a mystery of sorts with a Gothic vibe.  When I lived in New York City, I never went to the Cloisters.  In fact, I had to check to see if it was a real place.  It is (!), and I will definitely visit in the future.  While the Cloisters is a cool setting, the big draw for me was the research the characters are doing on tarot cards and the mysterious deck they are putting together.  I could read a whole book just about that.  So where does the mystery come in?  Someone dies.  Was it an accident or murder?  

Bonus points for Ketch Rare Books and Antiques.  I don't know why Katy Hays decided to name it this, but it certainly evoked a very "supernatural" image of the proprietor for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment