Search This Blog

Sunday, June 23, 2024

Review: Skein Island

Skein Island Skein Island by Aliya Whiteley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Skein Island by Aliya Whitely is a dark tale about Fate.  Yes, Fate with a capital F.  I put it on my list because it is about an island that hosts a women-only retreat.  That theme keeps appearing in my life, so I may just have to sign up for one soon.  Women apply for an invitation to spend one week, all expenses paid, escaping from the rest of the world in exchange for writing the story of their life.  Sounds like an amazing deal!  Turns out there is a catch.  There is always a catch.  That catch is a bit terrifying.  People into mythology may also like this book.

My edition contained a bonus short story set in the same world but with different characters.  I enjoyed it too.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment