Search This Blog

Monday, February 10, 2020

Review: Catherine House

Catherine House Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full disclosure: I received an unproofed copy of this from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for possibly writing a review.

I thought Catherine House would be like Hogwarts or the Xavier Institute. It isn't. The students don't have powers. They are just regular kids with something unique about them that only the Catherine House admissions process can seem to identify. The school sounds amazing until you start to scratch the surface. Maybe it isn't as fabulous as it seems. Maybe there is a price to pay for this one-of-a-kind education. Is there something sinister afoot or is that just my imagination?

Gothic is a good description of the writing. The story haunts you. It has a dreamy feel. And while it wasn't what I expected and sometimes I wondered where the story was going, I got it in the end and was satisfied.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment