Search This Blog

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Review: Christmas Days: 12 Stories and 12 Feasts for 12 Days

Christmas Days: 12 Stories and 12 Feasts for 12 Days Christmas Days: 12 Stories and 12 Feasts for 12 Days by Jeanette Winterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Jeanette Winterson's writing. Two years ago, a friend gave me this book for Christmas. It is a collection of short stories, so I have been reading them for the holidays the last two years. In between each short story is a recipe for a holiday dish that Jeanette, her friends, or family make. The recipes have their own related stories. After reading her recipe for mince pie, I ordered one the next day. Because while I would have loved to follow the recipe, I'm lazy and yet really wanted that pie.

If you want to read something that will get you into the holiday spirit but isn't your standard holiday fare, I highly recommend this book. There are ghosts, talking animals, and unicorns. If you are Jewish, there's something in here for you too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment