Search This Blog

Monday, December 16, 2019

Review: The Overstory

The Overstory The Overstory by Richard Powers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ultimately, this book is about trees. If you love trees, give this book a read. It is beautifully written and will make you want to go out and hug all the trees.

The book starts out like short stories about people who in some way are touched by trees. We follow these people and their trees throughout their lives. I think the hardest part for me was I expected the book to be more uplifting and really it just left me in greater despair. I wasn't in the right head space for that. It is a very long book, and it got harder and harder for me to continue. I did though and in the end, I wanted to go and plant trees all over the place. For sure, I don't think you can read this book and then take trees for granted. In that way, it will change your life.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment