Search This Blog

Monday, November 4, 2019

Review: The Shell Collector

The Shell Collector The Shell Collector by Hugh Howey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book takes place in probably the not-so-distant future when the oceans have swallowed up shorelines and shells are nearly nonexistent. The scariest part is this could be a totally true story. The mother of the main character was from Antigua and there's talk about the islands. Fun for me since I'm working among them now. There is a bit of mystery and thriller as we try to find out what the rich oil man is up to. The journey to figure out the answer takes us to the very depths of the ocean.

For a short book, the descriptions are still very rich. I felt I could see what he was describing. I don't want to give away any spoilers but if you know how I feel about romance in a book, you'll know what sort of bugged me. Still, I couldn't find it in my heart to give it anything but five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment