Search This Blog

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Review: The Lights Go Out in Lychford

The Lights Go Out in Lychford The Lights Go Out in Lychford by Paul Cornell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the fourth book in the Witches of Lychford series. Read them in order. They are all very short. It will be worth your time to start from the beginning.

While the book is short, a novella really, it packs a wallop. One of the main characters has dementia. That's not a spoiler because the book opens in her mind. Page one, dementia. If you've known someone with dementia, this is going to feel real. I certainly cursed Paul Cornell for bringing back all those memories and feelings. Then I read something he wrote recently that said this is based on his experience with his mother's dementia. I forgive you, Paul. It is an amazing tribute.

The rest of the story will make you be careful what you wish for. Now get reading....

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment