Search This Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Review: Warcross

Warcross Warcross by Marie Lu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first book in the Warcross series. I first heard about this book on the Reading Glasses podcast. Then, it kept turning up in book recommendations for me. It felt like I was meant to read this book. Then I started reading. I was meant to read this book.

Warcross involves so many things I love: a strong female main character, gaming, virtual reality, and some sort of mystery to figure out. Either Marie Lu is a gamer, or she has done her research. When she referenced a certain infamous Leeroy, I laughed out loud. With the rise in esports, I imagine many gamers dream of the day that they are accidentally recognized for their skill and given an opportunity for gaming fame.

The book moves at a fast pace, and I didn't want to put it down. The ending was a cliffhanger, so don't be like me and not have the second book teed up for when you finish!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment