Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Review: The Warsaw Protocol

The Warsaw Protocol The Warsaw Protocol by Steve Berry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Full disclosure: I received an advanced reader's copy from the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for possibly writing a review.

This is the 15th book in the Cotton Malone series. Don't start here. You could, but I think you would really not understand Cotton's motivation for continuing this assignment unless you have the background of his relationship with Stephanie Nelle.

It is no secret that I love this series. I like the way Steve Berry incorporates history into a thriller so you feel like you have learned something while also going on a wild ride. While the characters are employed by the US government and their are politicians in the stories, I've always felt Berry never betrayed a particular political leaning until this book. Former POTUS, Danny Daniels could have been from either party. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but the new President feels very familiar.

I loved that Cassiopeia Vitt made a cameo appearance. It made the book feel complete.

I wasn't prepared for a cliffhanger. I hope book 16 is nearly finished because I don't know if I can wait.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment