Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2020

Review: You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine: A Novel

You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine: A Novel You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine: A Novel by Alexandra Kleeman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a really weird book, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I felt a bit like Kandy Kat, chasing something that never ends up satisfying. Just when I would get ready to quit reading and start something else, some new element would draw my attention back in. The disappearing dads, the crazy reality TV show, the Kandy Kat commercials, and the "cult" were trippy. The story also has a very unhealthy relationship with food. I will never be able to think about or eat an orange the same way again. If you like dystopian fiction, give it a read but don't say I didn't warn you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment