Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Review: Artemis

Artemis Artemis by Andy Weir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full disclosure:  I didn't read The Martian.  I have this weird aversion to reading/watching things that are super popular.  I have a few exceptions but The Martian wasn't one of them.

I had read some Andy Weir short stories, but I wasn't sure what to expect from a full length novel.  I was really pleasantly surprised.  Somehow he made welding seem interesting.   I enjoyed that the main character is a woman and Muslim.  You don't see that often.  She's a flawed person, but you can't help but cheer her on.  I love all the science talk and learning new things.  This story definitely fed that in a very fun way.

Still not going to read The Martian. Sorry, Andy!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment