Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Review: The Last Odyssey

The Last Odyssey The Last Odyssey by James Rollins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Last Odyssey is the 15th book in the Sigma Force series by James Rollins.  You could start the series here because it doesn't require much knowledge from the prior books, but it might have less of an emotional impact.

As the title suggests, this story takes you on quite an odyssey itself while also drawing inspiration and exploring the mysteries from the epic poem by Homer.  There is so much packed into this book.  I thought the most intriguing mystery was going to be how a medieval boat from the Middle East got frozen into the ice around Greenland.  But it turns out, I am fascinated and terrified by ancient automatons.  It sent me down an Internet rabbit hole of looking those things up!  I really appreciate that James Rollins breaks down what is fact and fiction after the story is over or I might not sleep ever again.  And I don't know why, but I got some serious Jules Verne vibes while reading this.

Bonus points for including an adorably helpful monkey.   

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment