Search This Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Review: Crooked River

Crooked River Crooked River by Douglas Preston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Crooked River is the 19th book in the Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.   Don't start the series here.  You'll definitely want some previous context.

The mystery in this book reminds me of that unsolved mystery of the Salish Sea severed feet.  A bunch of shoes with severed feet in them wash up on a beach.  Where did they come from?  How could so many people lose their foot/feet at the same time and it not be newsworthy?  Since the Salish Sea mystery is still unexplained, I was really looking forward to Pendergast solving this case.  What possible (and plausible) explanation could there be?  I wasn't expecting this answer!  

Bonus points for making Constance a real badass.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment