Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Review: The Future of Another Timeline

The Future of Another Timeline The Future of Another Timeline by Annalee Newitz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reading about time travel always messes with my head, in a good way.  My brain gets wrapped up in the science it would take to make it happen.  And ever since I took a physics class that posited time travel to the past (but not the future) is technically possible, I look to books like The Future of Another Timeline by Annalee Newitz for suggestions on how that might work.  If you like the science (especially geology) part of science fiction a lot, Newitz has got you covered.  

Now what if human rights depended on all this time travel?  Would you do whatever it takes to preserve your rights or even change history to create them?  What would you sacrifice for them?  The story is told from two perspectives along different timelines.  Trust me, it is not as tough to read as it sounds.  I especially enjoyed that the main characters are near my age and the music that speaks to them growing up is similar to the music I love.  I could see a lot of myself in them.  No spoilers here...Anthony Comstock and his ilk are villains.  That's just truth.  Read this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment