Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Review: We Sold Our Souls

We Sold Our Souls We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I devoured We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix in two sittings.   It would have been one sitting, but a woman needs her sleep.  I am not a die-hard metalhead, but I do appreciate metal and the outlet it provides.  Hendrix's writing is so great that it probably wouldn't matter what musical genre he was writing about I would read that book.  But if you are going to tell a horror story about fighting evil with music, metal seems a good choice.  That Hendrix chose a woman to lead the battle makes me love the book even more.  Bring a strong stomach because there is no skimping on gore here.    

I look forward to the release of the companion album, Troglodyte, because you can't tell us a weapon against Black Iron Mountain is out there and not give it to us.        

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment