Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Review: Daisy Jones & The Six

Daisy Jones & The Six Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

While I read Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid, I think it would lend itself really well to an audiobook and almost thought about switching formats, a rarity for me.  Reading this is like reading the transcript of a rock documentary.  I was thinking of VH1's Behind the Music the whole time.  I could believe this was a real band.  Daisy Jones gives off strong Stevie Nicks' vibes.  I hear Stevie's voice when I read the song lyrics.  What made it feel more real was how characters' recounting  certain events differ.  You see that play out in real life.  You know the truth is somewhere in between.  There are a few surprises, but I won't spoil them here.  If you love music, especially rock, and even more so 70s rock, read this book.   

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment