Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Review: Between You & Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen

Between You & Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen Between You & Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen by Mary Norris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Between You & Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen by Mary Norris is for word nerds and grammar geeks.  If you read The New Yorker, you may also enjoy learning more about their unique copy editing choices and the staff behind them.  

Not gonna lie.  Some of the grammar stuff got too deep for me.  I don't really like grammar.  I can't remember what all the grammar terms mean. I find its origins fascinating, but I see little use for it (See also: Why I think Mandarin is an easy language to learn).  That being said, I ended up highlighting some really useful tips for the trickiest of problems: who vs. whom.  I also enjoyed delving into the writing styles of writers like Herman Melville and Emily Dickinson.  So much fun!

Bonus points: Mary Norris likes cows.  You and me both, Mary!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment