Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Review: Broken

Broken Broken by Jenny Lawson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you to Henry Holt & Company for sending me a copy of Broken (in the best possible way) by Jenny Lawson via Netgalley.  

I love Jenny Lawson and if we both didn't have such an aversion to people, I would want us to be friends.  Broken is more like a collection of essays even though there are threads that may link the chapters.  Some are hilarious.  Some are serious.  Some take you deep into mental health issues.  Some are just crazy adventures, usually with animals.  I found myself highlighting almost every passage, so I had to stop.  What good are highlights if they cover the whole book????  

I found her letter to her health insurance company especially poignant because it encapsulated all my feelings about health care in the United States.  It's infuriating.  But of course, my favorite stories are about Jenny and animals.  When it comes to animal rescue, I have found my kindred spirit in Jenny.  I too have rescued a rat, and not even a nice feeder rat, but a street rat in an unfortunate predicament.  Also, I would like Jenny to name all my pets because she does come up with the best names.  

If you need a laugh, read this book!   

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment