Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Review: Foe

Foe Foe by Iain Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Foe by Iain Reid is not your typical science fiction.  With the exception of a few reminders, you could almost forget for a while that it is set in the future or an alternate universe.  Oddly, this story felt very familiar to me, but I couldn't quite place why.  I've never read it before and yet, I feel like I've seen something like it on TV or in a movie.  I'm pretty sure this hasn't been adapted into a TV or movie yet, so I don't know where that feeling comes from.  

This is one of those books that the less you know going in, the better.  Take it on faith that the writing is engaging and moves along quickly.  I had trouble putting it down.  If you like a puzzle, you'll almost assuredly like this.

Bonus points for Junior (one of the main characters) for saving the chickens.  That's my kind of hero. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment