Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2021

Review: The Bone Code

The Bone Code The Bone Code by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure:  I received The Bone Code from Scribner via NetGalley in exchange for possibly writing a review.  I've been reading this series from the start, so there was a 100% chance that I would read this with or without the advanced copy.  The Bone Code is the 20th (!) book in the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs.  If you watched the TV show, Bones, you will be familiar with the name but that's about the extent of it.  The show and the books exist in the same world but are quite different.  If you've never read the series, you could pick it up here.

As I mentioned, I've been reading these books from the start, and I watched every episode of Bones.  I think that qualifies me as a fan.  And yet, I will say that I think the books have only gotten better over time.  In fact, The Bone Code might be my favorite book in the series so far.  While the subject matter remains serious, there is an almost lightness to the writing style now that really makes the book go by quickly.  The subject matter of this case actually tied in nicely to a book I recently read on genetics and heredity, not that you need to know anything about those to read this.  This may be fiction, but the science is real.

Bonus points for giving Birdie a significant plotline in this book.  I love animal characters, and Birdie has quite a personality!    

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment