Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Review: Deity

Deity Deity by Matt Wesolowski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Deity is the fifth book in the Six Stories series by Matt Wesolowski.  You can start here although it does make some reference to previous books.  It won't inhibit your enjoyment of Deity if you've skipped ahead.  

I think you can safely say Deity is about the literal cult of celebrity.  I love the way we learn the story of the enigmatic Zach Crystal through the eyes of people who "knew" him.  Everyone has their truth, but is it true?

I'm going to make a bold statement.  The Six Stories series is one of my all-time favorite book series.  If you follow my reviews, you know I read a lot so that is really saying something.  Maybe it is the unusual format that always makes me feel like I'm listening to a true crime podcast even though I know I'm reading a book.  I have to remind myself that it is fiction.  Maybe it is that each book has some paranormal tie-in that makes it feel just a little bit creepy and bone-chilling. Or maybe, Matt Wesolowski is just a really amazing writer! I'm always on pins and needles for the next book!      

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment