Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Review: Nothing Personal: My Secret Life in the Dating App Inferno

Nothing Personal: My Secret Life in the Dating App Inferno Nothing Personal: My Secret Life in the Dating App Inferno by Nancy Jo Sales
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure:  I received a copy Nothing Personal: My Secret Life in the Dating App Inferno by Nancy Jo Sales from Hachette Books via NetGalley.  

As a single woman in her late 40s, I do sometimes think about getting on the dating apps again. It has been almost 10 years since the last time I tried.  Nothing Personal seemed like the answer to all my questions.  I found it really interesting that Nancy Jo decided to set her age range for rather young men in their 20s.  I also appreciate that while she was learning the horrors of online dating from young people she was interviewing for her documentary, she was secretly going through them herself.  She was a lot more generous with some of the guys than I would have been.

If you are wondering if I will be getting on the apps after reading this book, the answer is a resounding HELL NO.  My forever gratitude to Nancy Jo Sales for going through this and sharing her story, so I don't have to.  In the midst of a global pandemic, the idea of serial hook-ups is rather terrifying.  Pandemic or not, this book confirms that if you are looking for more than a hook-up, the apps aren't going to get you there.  You are more likely to find a unicorn in the wild.  If you are thinking of putting yourself out there again to find a relationship, save yourself some trouble and just read this book.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment