Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Review: The Council of Twelve

The Council of Twelve The Council of Twelve by Oliver Pötzsch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Council of Twelve is the seventh book the The Hangman's Daughter series by Oliver Pötzsch.  While you could start with this one and not be very lost, I would recommend reading the series in order.  There are references to previous books in this one.  The Hangman's Daughter books are a time investment because they are all quite long but well worth it.  

The Council of Twelve might be my favorite so far.  It was ambitious in how much time it gave to all of the characters.  Some of the previous books tend to focus on just a couple of people.  This time, I felt I got to catch up with everyone.  It really highlights the unique difficulties of being a woman.  As they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same.  

This book contains a little bit of everything: epic family saga, mystery, thriller, romance, and history.  I appreciate the amount of historical detail that is included even if I can get squeamish with some of the descriptions.  If you are easily triggered, these probably aren't good books for you.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment