Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Review: Searching for the Cashews in a Can of Mixed Nuts

Searching for the Cashews in a Can of Mixed Nuts Searching for the Cashews in a Can of Mixed Nuts by A. G. Sloan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Searching for the Cashews in a Can of Mixed Nuts is the third book by A.G. Sloan.  As the third book in a trilogy, it carries a heavy burden.  The first two books have built the reader up to a point of high expectations, and they expect a satisfactory resolution.  We followed you this far...  With that in mind, Searching for the Cashews is the perfect end to this trilogy, better than The Return of the King for sure.  

I found it funny and heartwarming.  It certainly felt more personal than the first two books.  Now, I will admit that I am not completely unbiased here.  You see, A.G. Sloan was one of my middle school teachers.  The people and places he references mean a lot to me.  Some of the students quoted are my friends.  Many of the teachers mentioned were my teachers.  I was even a substitute teacher at Lester J. Stevens Middle School right before joining the Foreign Service.  I ate my lunch in the teachers' lounge with these people.  These are the people who helped shape the person I am today.  It's special.  

I'm not going to lie though.  I liked reading all the behind-the-scenes tea of my former teachers.  Even as a student, I got the sense that Mr. Sloan was a little bit of the rebel.  CONFIRMED!

Bonus Points:  Cashews are the best nuts!  Don't @ me!!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment