Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Review: Baggage: Tales from a Fully Packed Life

Baggage: Tales from a Fully Packed Life Baggage: Tales from a Fully Packed Life by Alan Cumming
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure: I received an advanced copy of Baggage: Tales from a Fully Packed Life by Alan Cumming from Dey Street Books via Netgalley in exchange for possibly writing a review.  There was never a doubt that I would read this book.  I enjoy Alan Cumming's acting and was moved by his book, Not My Father's Son.  Reading more tales from his life was a no-brainer.  

Although Baggage does touch a bit on his relationship with his father, it is more about Cumming's entertainment career.  I chuckled when he acknowledged that memory isn't perfect, so this memoir is painted with that brush and may not be 100% accurate.  Thank you for being honest!  He also acknowledges that his was not the typical journey to stardom.  In fact, the odds were against him ever getting out of Scotland.  Yet, he seems to have had some cosmic force on his side.  I loved his stories, whether they be about his relationships (so relatable!), other celebrities, or the productions he's worked on.  I like to imagine them being told to me in his Scottish accent.

Bonus points:  I really have to get my butt over to Club Cumming for a show!    


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment